Computational Fluid Dynamics for Chemical Engineers
Professor H.E.A. van den Akker
Course date : January 15th - 19th 2018
Course leader : Professor H.E.A. van den Akker
Location : University of Delft, Faculty Applied Sciences, Building 58, Van der Maasweg 9, 2629 HZ Delft
Monday:- Thursday AS-Projectruimte C1.190
Friday AS-Projectruimte B2.100
Course language : English
Prof. Harry Van den Akker and Prof. Dirk Roekaerts
A 5-day course with the following topics:
· Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
· Numerical Methods
· Laminar Flows including chemical reactions
· Introduction to turbulence and turbulence models:
· RANS-simulations (Reynolds Averaged Navier-Stokes)
· Large Eddy Simulations (LES) & Direct Numerical Simulations (DNS)
· CFD of Multi-Phase Flows
· Introduction to Lattice-Boltzmann techniques: single-phase and multiple-phase
· CFD simulations of reacting systems and combustion
The course comprises lectures by the two teachers and hands-on sessions (with ANSYS/FLUENT)
The number of participants is limited, so reply as soon as possible.
In case of insufficient registration (less than 10 registration) the course will be cancelled and rescheduled.
Please note: Accommodation costs will not be covered by ISPT.
Registrate on the page : course registration